Sequim Same Day Surgery
Policy and Procedure
Effective 1/01/2002 - Revised 28/18/2009
Patient Rights and Responsibilities at Sequim Same Day Surgery
The management and staff at Sequim Same Day Surgery desires to acknowledge and honor the basic rights of all individual patients as related to care and
treatment that they may receive at SSDS.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Non discriminatory care
- Respect and Dignity
- Privacy as related to:
- Personal Health Information
- Informational Privacy
- Diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis
- Participate fully in all decisions of consent and refusal of care options
- Answers to all questions regarding identity of all team members and care providers
- Answers to all questions regarding policies and regulations
- Explanation of all billing charges
- Address Concerns and Grievances in a timely manner
You may write a letter of concern or grievance to the Director of Nursing Standards. We wish to address all grievances with urgency to maintain a high patient satisfaction quality of care. Any issues with staff, providers, or procedures will be handled confidentially. The matter will be taken to the source of the grievance and to the board of directors if required. This is an important part of your Rights as a patient.
- You may also file a complaint or concern with the Washington State Department of Health regarding the facility or a provider
Washington State Department of Health
Health Systems Quality Assurance
PO Box 47865
Olympia, WA 98504-7865
YOU HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- Provide all information for medical history, symptoms, and medications.
- Ask for clarification of health status and treatment.
- Respect the rights and properties of others.
- Follow treatment plans, or accept consequences of refusing medical treatment offered.
- Assure financial obligations.
- Express dissatisfaction with care or services allowing for explanations and improvements.
- To ask or express immediate concerns please talk to any care provider and ask for the Director of Nursing Standards, who is the quality assurance supervisor.
TO FILE A COMPLAINT
Patients shall have the opportunity for comment, complaint, or suggestion by completing the Patient Satisfaction Survey which will be provided at the time of discharge. The returned survey will be reviewed by management staff and appropriate action taken. Any action not taken that the patient deems necessary can be directed, in writing, to the Board of Managers at:
Sequim Same Day Surgery
777 North 5th Ave., Suite 113
Sequim, WA 98382
As a patient, you also have the right to file a complaint with the Washington State Department of Health by calling 1-800-633-6828 or in writing to:
Department of Health
PO Box 47857
Olympia WA 98504-7857
If you are a Medicare beneficiary and need assistance, you should contact the Office of the Medicare Ombudsman.